It’s crazy to think that almost 2 years ago I didn’t use essential oils, and now I don’t think I could go a day without them! Traveling can be a stressful event, especially when littles are involved so now I have an arsenal of essential oils to bring with me and luckily just a few bottles cover so many things!
Here are some tricks to traveling with essential oils and my list of favorites that you should never leave home without!
- Get a GOOD carrying case! Carrying cases aren’t extremely expensive and they provide the necessary protection needed to keep those essential oils safe from breaking. Here are a few options with carrying cases while traveling…
AND a Keychain Option that I LOVE
- Yup, they are easy to get through security at the airport! If you’re checking your bags you can keep your travel case in your suitcase and they will go through with your checked bag with no problem! If you want to carry them on, I suggest picking just a couple (peppermint – to fight headaches or nausea, thieves – to keep the airplane ickies away, stress away – to keep you in a sane state of mind while flying) and place them in a Ziploc bag like other liquids and send them through the scanner outside of your carry on.
- Essential oils are a MUST on road trips! If you find yourself starting to doze off while driving place a couple drops of peppermint in your hands and rub together then inhale. Peppermint is also great for those that tend to get car sick. I’d also keep some Stress Away handy for those moments of road rage. It happens to us all!
- How about bringing a diffuser on a trip? When I go anywhere and stay overnight I bring the Dewdrop diffuser with me so I can diffuse while in the hotel room. I don’t sleep well unless I’m in my own bed so the calming aroma of lavender or peace and calming in my diffuser helps. If you have a space issue then I would suggest grabbing the ORB diffuser because it is compact yet still powerful! And new to the diffuser realm is the Gentle Mist Diffuser which fits in the palm of your hand!
- Another great thing to bring with you are some pre-diluted blends in a 10ml roller bottle. I like to fight any of the traveling ickies with my immune support roller bottle made up of 10 drops thieves, 10 drops oregano and 10 drops of lemon. If there’s a blend you love and need a carrier oil for it I would make a roller bottle prior to departure.
Now onto my list of oils I GOTTA have when traveling!
- Peppermint – I use this for car sickness, headaches, and to energize me.
- Thieves – I use this to chase away any germs that lurk in tight spaces like airplanes!
- Lavender – I use lavender in my diffuser at night to help me sleep.
- Stress Away – This is a must because let’s face it, traveling can be stressful!
- Peace and Calming II – I take this with me for 2 reasons. One is to help me be in a peaceful space while trying to relax in a hotel room. The other is to put my kids in a peaceful place because traveling (especially driving for long hours) can really get the kids going nutso!
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier – Because I feel a little more protected when my hands and my children’s hands are protected against public places.
- NingXia Red – I love the convenient travel packs because I can just throw them in my bag or a cooler while we travel. This powerful drink is for optimal wellness.
So what are my travel goals for 2018? I’m all about the outdoor excursions! I want to go camping as much as we can and, as a bonus, camping is so affordable and the kids LOVE being outside in nature. My recommendation if you choose to go outdoors on your vacation is to pack citronella essential oil! It’s a blessing and keeps outside annoyances away! You can easily diffuse this while you sit outside roasting marshmallows or combine 10-20 drops, 1 tablespoon of witch hazel, and fill with distilled water in a 4 ounce spray bottle and spray the inside of your tent and around you. We choose to camp where there’s electric hook up so it’s the diffuser for us!
If you’re interested in getting started with Young Living Essential Oils, here’s everything you need to know and how to order them. I can’t recommend the Premium Starter Kit enough! It’s an amazing deal and gives you everything you need to get started on your oily journey.
Who’s ready for a well-oiled road trip?
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. This post is not medical advice. This is my personal experience about what worked for me and my family. I have no way of knowing if essential oils truly helped any of the situations described.