It has been widely recommended by many health professionals to start your day with lemon water on an empty stomach to support digestion, liver function, and anti-inflammatory benefits. Well lets take that two steps further and add the benefits of ginger and turmeric.
Benefits of Ginger:
For many centuries ginger has been used for its medicinal properties among many cultures. Ginger has been used in relieving:
1. Digestive problems
3. Loss of appetite
4. Motion sickness
Benefits of Turmeric:
Turmeric is a powerful spice with an impressive list of uses and benefits. It’s known for its antioxidant content and ability to work as an anti-inflammatory. Largely due to its curcumin content, Turmeric is often credited with these benefits:
- Fighting inflammation
- As an antioxidant
- Protects the heart in various ways
- Helpful for arthritis
- Brain boosting
- May be helpful for fighting diabetes and cancer
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
6 oz. glasses
- 48 oz. water 2 large mason jars
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1 in piece of fresh turmeric sliced
- 3 in piece of fresh ginger sliced
- Bring the 48 ounces of water to a boil.
- Put in the sliced lemon, ginger, and turmeric.
- Let it steep for 5-10mins then Enjoy! You can let this sit over night to get even more out of the ginger and turmeric.
- Once cool, strain and place the remaining drink into air tight containers like mason jars and keep refrigerated.
- Drink cold or heat up.
- For a little added sweetness you can add in a teaspoon of organic honey.