|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||12-18 minutes|
- 2 cups Organic Flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh or Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup Buttermilk plus extra for tops *
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With fingertips, cut in butter until the mixture turns into coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Make a well in the center and gradually stir in buttermilk to form a ball. Knead lightly. Do not overwork; the dough will be sticky.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface (or floured parchment), press each portion into an 8” round, about 1/2” thick. Cut each round into 6 triangles.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush the tops with buttermilk. Bake for 12 – 16 minutes. Serve warm.
*If you don’t have buttermilk you can easily make it by putting 1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice into 1 cup of milk. You will notice the mixture start to thicken and develop curds after about 5-10 minutes. Use the entire mixture, including curds. There will be no effect to the taste of the scones.
Share this Recipe