Let me first start with this bit of information…I LOVE MY COFFEE but my teeth DO NOT! I took pride in my smile when I was younger…did the retainer thing, the braces, the spacers, etc. Well enter late college nights, the workforce, and then mom life and coffee had become my best friend and my teeth’s worst enemy!
I tried whitening strips many years ago but since changing my lifestyle to a more natural, eco-conscious, and animal-friendly way I just couldn’t bring myself to use the over-the-counter strips that were tested on animals and used ingredients that were not on par with my current life path.
Enter Smile Brilliant! I want to do a super quick rundown of things that caught my interest right away.
WHY I CHOSE SMILE BRILLIANT
- Both the whitening and desensitizing gels are vegan and cruelty-free
- Whitening and desensitizing gels are registered with the FDA
- Smile Brilliant factories are FDA and ISO9001 certified to ensure customers receive the very highest quality in optimal conditions to maintain freshness
- The plastic retainers are BPA, PVS, Latex, and PVC insert free
- The retainers are made out of ethyl vinyl acetate
- Smile Brilliant does not use alginate in their impression materials much like Dentists
Not only is this company thinking ahead when it comes to the importance of remaining cruelty-free but they also take the middle man out. Which if any of you had researched the cost of tooth whitening you know…it is not cheap!
HERE’S HOW IT ALL GOES DOWN
- Time to customize! Mix one of the catalyst pasts and one of the base pastes and fold into each other until you have a uniform light blue color. Spread it evenly on the tray then press up to your upper teeth, hold it there for three minutes, remove, then repeat with the bottom teeth. Be sure to let them sit for 30 minutes, rinse, let them air dry, and then ship them back to Smile Brilliant.
- Say hello to your custom whitening trays! Once they arrive test them and make sure they fit. The best part about these trays? They reach more than just 6 or so of your front teeth like most strips. PLUS because they are custom to your teeth, once the gel is applied to the tray they fit snuggling hitting every nook and cranny.
- Get your white on! Now it’s time to run a small bead along your trays. Brush your teeth with JUST water then line the whitening gel inside your trays along the front (each syringe should last 3-4 applications). Dry your teeth and put them on. Wipe any that does with a wet Q-tip. Start out with 45 minutes and work your way up to 3 hours (depending on the amount of whitening you need and your sensitivity level).
- Time’s up! Remove the trays and rinse with cold water and dry then brush your teeth with toothpaste. Now line the trays with the desensitizing gel (like you did with the whitening gel) and dry your teeth, then insert. Wait 15-20minutes then remove the trays and rinse and let dry. Don’t brush your teeth. Leave the remaining desensitizing gel on your teeth and avoid eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes.
WHAT TO DO WHILE YOU WHITEN
You may be thinking…Man! I gotta keep these in for 3 whole hours? Well no, really you don’t have to go the full 3 hours and honestly, I didn’t. I didn’t think I needed that time and I was right because I love the results. So here are some fun ways to pass your time!
Get Your Cook On!
(Find the recipe for these cranberry scones HERE)
Plan Your To-Do List!
Get Ready While You Whiten!
WE WANNA SEE THE RESULTS!
OK, OK! So after 2 weeks of whitening (I did it every other day because I have sensitive teeth) here are my BEFORE and AFTER!
NO SENSITIVITY! I was super cautious when it came to the possibility of having a sensitivity to the process but I had ZERO! Maybe it was because I only did it every other day, or maybe it was the amazing desensitizing gel. Either way, no pain! PHEW!
THE RESULTS! Duh, just look at the pictures! My teeth are whiter and look natural. This was a big concern of mine because if any of you are Friends fans you’ll remember the episode where Ross whitens his teeth! If not, you gotta look it up…HILARIOUS! I’m sure I could have gone longer and gone brighter but I’m happy with the natural results!
FOR YOU! So the best part for you? I had the honor of collaborating with Smile Brilliant on this post and host a giveaway for all of you! It’s super easy to enter! All you have to do is click this link www.smilebrilliant.com/g/
Oh but that’s not all! If you want to get started with a bright smile now you can receive 15% off your order with the code: avelynlane15 So what are you waiting for???
Hurry up and get your SMILE on!!!
Health, Happiness, and Abundance!
Full DISCLAMER | DISCLOSURE