Being a lover of natural ingredients I am amazed at all the wonders bees can produce. Of course the most popular product is honey, known for its health and skin care benefits, but did you know another substance that works great on our skin is beeswax!
Beeswax is produced by secreting it from the glands of the honeybee found on the sides of their bodies. The honeybee scrapes the wax off and chews it up to then secrete it to the inside of the honeycomb. Once inside the honeycomb, it hardens into a protective lining where the baby bees grow and honey is stored.
Benefits to Your Skin:
I love using beeswax for its natural and non-toxic properties in my hard lotions but it also provides benefits to the skin.
- Protectant:Beeswax forms a barrier that helps protect your skin from environmental hazards. It also helps to hold in moisture and reduces dryness. This protectant does not clog the pores like other petroleum based products.
- Soothes: Many of us suffer from dry, cracked, itchy and sensitive skin. Beeswax is a natural anti-allergenic.
- Humectant:Beeswax helps to keep skin hydrated by attracting water molecules.
- Vitamin A:Beeswax works great as an exfoliator and can rejuvenate your skin.
- Fragrance: I do not use harsh chemicals in anything I make and here’s why, natural ingredients work so much better! Beeswax has a honey fragrance and is a favorite because of its light aroma.
We’ve combined certified 100% organic beeswax with 100% pure unrefined shea butter, organic coconut oil, and 100% pure therapeutic essential oils in our solid lotions. This combination naturally works together to hydrate, soothe, and soften your skin.
Links to ingredients we used: